Sunday 2 March 2014

Up Top X2



After completing a number of items - I realised that I had neglected the top half - heaven forbid; the Sept issues of SewToday  showcased Butterick 5922 in a pink lace number- a useful pattern with that oh so appeal of multiple options.
B5922











There are such beautiful knits about and this zigzag/chevron caught my eye when out browsing.

I used this as a practice for both fabric and pattern -as I had already bought the cream lacy knit with the view of making  view D- I kept this simple round neck and long sleeves - I finished the neck edge with a satin bias binding- the cuffs took a couple of attempts - around the 3rd unpicking they ended up having to have a bit cut off to neaten the edges so the sleeves are now a tad shorter than I'd prefer

 I was dead pleased with the pattern matching- think the sides were fab and the arms pretty close
 



Familiar with the pattern, I set to task with the next version, a few modification were made by lengthening the body and the sleeves. this version has an underlay to it with the addition of the collar.  The whole thing just took me a day to construct and then another week to get round to finding a button and sewing a loop fastener










No comments:

Post a Comment