Sunday 19 October 2014

Boing Boing -It's A Blog Hop

Well howdy folks - how's you all been?
Once again the cloak of radio silence has fallen over me, 
what a mad time of late, but loving it!
(I also need to get my camera fixed asap) 

Well, I am very humbled to have had the blog hoppin baton passed to me from the amazingly wonderful Annie  from the Enantiomer Project- seriously this woman is  like "super" cool... a sewing scientist! she's totally witty, and sews a wardrobe out like a blinkin rocket! I really don't know how she manages to produce so many items that are so god darn beautiful at lightening speed.  So Annie, I salute you. xx 

Why do I write? 
To be honest....I have no idea!  Initially I set my blog up to be able to follow others that had/did/and still do inspire me, pick their sewing brains by showing my wares and gain insight tips that I struggle with.
After having a number of sews under the proverbial belt, like most I wanted to document and record my journey of makes. I'd also found that the back of an my diary was filling up on the useful things I'd found out, learnt or just flippin useful. This led me to thinking that it'd be kinda neat to locate all of this info and more all in one place, and a blog seemed to be the perfect solution. 
The whole "it's my personal space, a place to log events is oneside...... but lets be honest there is that secret hope that someone out there might read it! as for comments well woooo I still get a giddy thrill if that happens. Finally, one additional reason is the old connective rambles of yardi sew yar with like minded peeps. As hubby works late evenings and young peeps that really couldn't give a bobbin, it does allow the sewing world to partake in your obsession interest and offer support and vice versa. Love it!  

What am I working on at the moment?
Technically - I'm not working on this "now" but have just completed this week this here Irish dance dress for little girl who dances at little Wyatt's class. I'd been asked to make her a dress ready for the Grerat Britain Championships... and long story short somehow I mixed the dates up! what would normally take 3-4 weeks I had in days!!! my machine needle was moving up n down a fast as Michael Flatley's feet!
A couple of 3am's were called for but got there in the end phew!!  I've not ever done a post on an Irish dress - not sure if there would be much interest ?
  



Up on the oche table next ...well that will be a scramble, there really are too many to name, so many pieces of fabric ready washed and poised to be matched with a pattern. I am pretty determined to move away from tops though after making a fare amount lately and not posted at least three of them! Aha - nearly forgot I am working on this lovely cardi - its in Alpakka wool which is so super soft, I only do a little at a time so its taking for ever  



How does my blog differ form other sewing blogs?
errrmm... probably the biggest difference is that its pretty boring! I'm feel really very inexperienced at this blogging malarkey and would love to be able to post whimsical notions full of enlightening sewing stuff !
Having interesting photo locations would be another plus! 

I would love to put some tutorially bits together in the future, after covering/teaching a sewing class in the  summer,  I totally loved engaging with the ladies, they gave me such wonderful feedback, I'm now looking to develop new ventures that incorporate sewing!! eekkk watch this space! 

How does my writing process work
This is quite a hard one! lots of ways I suppose; sometimes a title will pop into my head, a bit like fabric/print/pattern association! My last couple of posts have been linked musically, which can be quite annoying as the song keeps going over n over in my head!
I love to run and find it's a great opportunity to focus and departmentalise areas of my life or projects, which I can then formulate key areas that I want to chat about on a project- More often than not though, by the time I get to sit down a write I've forgotten most of it!  
The writing itself can be painfully long winded, jumping from one incomplete sentence to another...enter the cut 'n' paste tab, swiftly followed by the delete button to put the regurgitated waffle in its place- Awwww and that one hurts! 
Pics are very much the latter import to a post, I am acutely aware that I really should take more pics along the assembly way and have numerous Bridget Jones talks of "note to self"  when posting. 

There we have it, my blog-hop post- My nomination for a hop, is to the lovely Jennifer and her sewing space    another Sewing Scientist(y) bod with aeroplanes no-less!!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment